The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Issue - Multiple "cpsrvd.so" processes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DavidR, Dec 10, 2008.

1. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

I've come up next to empty on searches for this one. My server seems to have been taken to it's knees and all I can tell that is odd is a TOP display full of "cpsrvd.so" -- some defunct, some not. I rebooted and things were normal for about 3 minutes, then sites began giving 500 errors, WHM links want to download instead of open, and the load is over 10 constantly. Normally this is a fairly calm server, with little load.

I want to understand but at the moment I'm really having troubles. Does anyone recognize this? Any ideas?

Thank you.

2. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Please open a ticket @ https://tickets.cpanel.net/submit/

with ATTN: Nick in the subject

3. DavidR

DavidR Well-Known Member

Thanks for the attention, Nick. It was a frustrating couple of hours but my VPS provider found a bunch of IO errors which he repaired manually (I'm on a Xen based system with Centos 5,in case that helps). After another reboot this seems to have fixed the problem. I just hadn't had time to get back in here and update my thread.

I don't know how often that particular issue will cause that particular result, but I was unable to find anything on point in my searches. I hope having it referenced here will help someone. I would imagine that's only one of many possible crazy results of disk based errors.

Let me know if you need any more info for your own records.