The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT !!! My SQL Error - Please

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by alkaleej, May 22, 2004.

1. alkaleej

alkaleej Registered

I have some customers in my server that having some problems in MySQL Commands using -bash-2.05b$

I see this massege every time when I enter Mysql Command in Shell :

bash-2.05a$ mysql -uUSER -pPASS XXXX <xxxx.sql

ERROR 1064 at line 63266: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ''[ALIGN=CENTER]\r\n\r\nåáÇ Ýíß ÇÎæí áæÑäÓ\r\n\r\n\r\nÇá

i'm tried some solutions without any result :mad:

HOW CAN I FIX IT ??

2. GeekPatrolMille

GeekPatrolMille Well-Known Member

I am guessing you can simply log in to the mySQL server by leaving the redirect off...

$ mysql -uUSER -pPASS XXXX

If this gives you the mySQL> prompt then you know it is not a login issue which I do not think you are having but want to clear the issue just in case.

If this works then you know the problem is going to be in the xxxx.sql file being used on the command line.

You could also try to import the xxxx.sql file via phpMyAdmin through a web browser instead of the command line. The only issue with this option will be the file size. I think 50MB is the limit for the phpMyAdmin method and a really fast connection.

Hop this helps you in some way or another...
    -greg