The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Quota Problem! does cpanel have any techs working on friday? >:o

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AbeFroman, Sep 24, 2004.

1. AbeFroman

AbeFroman BANNED

does cpanel have any techs working on friday? >:eek:
    I get lightning fast responses durning the week but on fridays i cant seem to get any response, and they dont work weekends so I must wait until monday, when they are swamped with tickets from the weekend and friday.

Here is my urgent problem, I can't add accounts
    root@hb [~]# /scripts/fixquotas
    Installing Default Quota Databases...open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    Broken pipe
    root@hb1 [~]# /scripts/fixquotas
    Installing Default Quota Databases...open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../aquota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../quota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../boot/aquota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../boot/quota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../home/aquota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../home/quota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../home2/aquota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../home2/quota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../tmp/aquota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../tmp/quota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../usr/aquota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../usr/quota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../var/aquota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../var/quota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../backup/aquota.user..open2: exec of gzip -df failed at /scripts/fixquotas line 47
    ../backup/quota.user.....Done
    Quotas are now on
    Updating Quota Files......
    quotacheck: WARNING - Quotafile /home/aquota.user was probably truncated. Can't save quota settings...
    quotacheck: Scanning /dev/sda8 [/home] done
    quotacheck: Checked 47131 directories and 642919 files
    quotacheck: WARNING - Quotafile /home2/aquota.user was probably truncated. Can't save quota settings...
    quotacheck: Scanning /dev/sdb1 [/home2] done
    quotacheck: Checked 2 directories and 2 files
    quotacheck: WARNING - Quotafile /usr/aquota.user was probably truncated. Can't save quota settings...

I've ran /scripts/fixquotas 10 times already, what is wrong?

2. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

Looks more like a problem with gzip than Cpanel. Make sure gzip is functioning properly and you might try a /scripts/updatenow and /scripts/upcp --force.