The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URGENT: restore ALL accounts from secondary mirror drive

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by cazny, Sep 5, 2004.

1. cazny

cazny BANNED

Ok, first NEVER USE EV1!!!

Second, they restored the first "comprised" drive (always an excuse for them). I had the second as a backup drive. How do I restore ALL accounts to the master drive properly?

I am desperate for your help!

2. dandanfireman

dandanfireman Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

You want to ensure that the 2nd drive is mounted and that cpanel is installed. Once this is complete, you can use cpanel's (WHM) backup/restore features to restore the accounts. Any special configurations that you made on the server will not be restored. This might include, but is not limited to firewall configurations, mail filters, or another other pieces of software installed that are not part of the basic EV1 image.

3. cazny

cazny BANNED

But, the master drive is a fresh new drive now. Will it know what username/password to use for each account, mail accounts, mysql databases, etc.?

4. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    install C-panel in the master drive if it is not yet done; and then try the domain creation from backup.

wrt your second question; if your second drive has a backup made by C-panel; then dont worry; it will have all the passwords and the databases intact.