The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Urgent Setup Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by securespace, Apr 25, 2003.

1. securespace

securespace Registered

Hi have just got a cpanel server, but does not seem to function right.

As soon as I login to the whm it says

The server was unable to lookup an an A entry for its hostname (tara.securespace4u.co.uk). This is generally because the entry was never added. However this could also be the result of your nameserver(s) being down. If you would like to attempt to automaticlly add the entry,

I click on add to add but then get:
    IP=207.44.242.108 ndc: connect failed: connection refused Add Complete

and when doing a lookup on my nameservers for securespace4u.co.uk it says nameservers are alive but not authoritative for domain.

Also when going to Initial Nameserver setup is asks if I want to enable Nameserver, I do this and it says starting nameserver, but it says bind did not return a status report, and everytime I go back in it asks to enable nameserver again, shouldnt it say nameserver activate and running or similar.

I am not really sure how to proceed and cannot do anything until the server is configured correctly, if anyone could please help I would be much appreciated or if someone would configure it all for me I would pay $20-25.

Regards

John B

#1 securespace, Apr 25, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2003
  2. Hoster2k

Hoster2k Well-Known Member

Have you added the A entry on the dns for the securespace4u.co.uk domain? That's probably why you are getting the error. Do you control the dns for securespace4u.co.uk? Is it going to be on this new server?

PM if you need help and I will try and lend a hand

3. beekeeper

beekeeper Active Member

Similar Problem

I am entirely new to WHM and generally find most of the functions are easy and intuitive to setup ........ with the exception of nameservers. :-(

When I login I get the same warning as Securespace; I also get the same response when I click to add.

I want to use my own nameservers (on the same local server) and have 2 dedicated IPs for this job. At a later stage I propose to setup resellers with their own nameservers and using the same 2 ips.

Does this seem reasonable to the more experienced webhosts?

My /etc/resolv.conf file is:

domain darkorb.net
    search darkorb.net
    nameserver 127.0.0.1
    nameserver 207.44.xxx.72
    nameserver 207.44.xxx.73

Does this seem OK?

Any help would be appreciated and thanx in advance.
    John