SOLVED URL domain/whm automatic redirect to WHM

sozuadavi2

Mar 9, 2016
BRasil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello cPanel folks,

We have a problem with WordPress permanent url, when I try to create any page start with words whm, webmail or cpanel the page just not open, i got error 404.

Example, I'm trying to create a page in WordPress that should be mydomain.com/whmcs i can't load the page. Because it start with whm.

Any page I tried to create on WordPress that start with words whm, cpanel or webmail the webserver can't load it. I got 404 errors.

There is any way to disable it on WHM servers configuration?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It sounds like there is some misbehavior with the Service Subdomains, although I was not able to reproduce this behavior on a test server with a WordPress site. Do you have any other plugins or extra rules in your .htaccess file that could be interfering with this? Do you see any redirection happening with the URL after you try and navigate to the page?

sozuadavi2

Mar 9, 2016
BRasil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It sounds like there is some misbehavior with the Service Subdomains, although I was not able to reproduce this behavior on a test server with a WordPress site. Do you have any other plugins or extra rules in your .htaccess file that could be interfering with this? Do you see any redirection happening with the URL after you try and navigate to the page?

Hey there! It sounds like there is some misbehavior with the Service Subdomains,
-- the subdomain is working fine, the deal is the redirection of folders like: domain.com/cpanel or domain.com/webmail or domain.com/whm

Do you have any other plugins or extra rules in your .htaccess file that could be interfering with this?
-- No, I tried it on 2 different server and 2 different domain and on 1 fresh WordPress install without plugins or any extra rules.

Do you see any redirection happening with the URL after you try and navigate to the page?
-- No, when you have a 404 error on WordPress it show a WP 404 page, but with you try to access a page with /whm it redirect to WHM login. If you try to access to any page that start with those words (whm, cpanel or webmail) the 404 erros page show up, but the system page not the WP 404 error page.

404 wordpress error page:

404 non wordpress error page

There is any way to disable the WHM automatic folders redirections? Like domain.com/whm to domain.com:2087

thanks

sozuadavi2

Mar 9, 2016
BRasil
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator

Hey there! It sounds like there is some misbehavior with the Service Subdomains,
-- the subdomain is working fine, the deal is the redirection of folders like: domain.com/cpanel or domain.com/webmail or domain.com/whm

Do you have any other plugins or extra rules in your .htaccess file that could be interfering with this?
-- No, I tried it on 2 different server and 2 different domain and on 1 fresh WordPress install without plugins or any extra rules.

Do you see any redirection happening with the URL after you try and navigate to the page?
-- No, when you have a 404 error on WordPress it show a WP 404 page, but with you try to access a page with /whm it redirect to WHM login. If you try to access to any page that start with those words (whm, cpanel or webmail) the 404 erros page show up, but the system page not the WP 404 error page.

404 wordpress error page:

404 non wordpress error page

There is any way to disable the WHM automatic folders redirections? Like domain.com/whm to domain.com:2087

thanks

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'd like to have our team examine your server's configuration to see what the cause may be, as I couldn't reproduce this on a test machine with a Wordpress installation. Could you get a ticket submitted and then post the number here?