The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

URL Forwarding Options

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by loadsysinc, Jul 12, 2006.

1. loadsysinc

loadsysinc Registered

I am somewhat new to using WHM and CPanel for all of our hosting clients.

This is the situation we have...we have a client that bought about 12 URLs for their company (this was before we were working with them). They want to point 11 of them to their primary domain.

My question is, what options do I have to do this for them?

The following is my requirement: Their site is running on top of Joomla CMS. Therefore, the forward has to actually go to the primary URL, it cannot, for example goto the account for that domain only. Make sense?

Also, one other stipulation. Their domain provider has URL forwarding but it is $10 per domain. My client would of course like a free option.

Anyone know what options I have?

Thanks for your time.

2. mathew_p_a

mathew_p_a Member

use parked domain

You can use the parked domain feature for getting this done. Just add the 11 urls as parked domain in the cpanel of the domain to which you want the url s to be redirected.

Eg : King.com is the main domain and queen.com and prince.com are to be redirected to king.com. Just create King.com as the main accout and park the other 2 using the cpanel feature parked domains. Clear huh ! :D

3. loadsysinc

loadsysinc Registered

Perfect thanks. I parked the domains, updated the nameservers, updated DNS and a half hour later works perfect. Thanks for the info mathew_p_a.

Lee
    www.loadsys.com