The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Usage/Quota in Email Accounts in kb instead of MB or indicator that mail has arrived?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Nick_A, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Nick_A

Nick_A Registered

Hi,

In the previous version of cPanel the usage was displayed in kB.
    This had the advantage that you could easily see online, what mailboxes had new mails.
    In one of the new versions, this was changed to MB and now the usage nearly always shows 0 because mails usually don't have MBs of data in them.

How can I now see if a mailbox has new mails? Does an indicator exist that shows how many mails there are in the mailbox and/or how many new ones arrived?
    Or can the size be set to kB again?

Now as a temporary measure I created a catchall address that receives all mail from the different accounts, so that I have an overview and can easily check.

Thanks,
    Nick

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: Usage/Quota in Email Accounts in kb instead of MB or indicator that mail has arri

Hello Nick,

You may wish to post a feature request to allow the server administrator to toggle KB or MB for email accounts (or maybe have this as a per account setting for the cPanel user). Our feature request forum is at the following location:

Feature Requests for cPanel and WHM

Thanks!

3. Nick_A

Nick_A Registered

Re: Usage/Quota in Email Accounts in kb instead of MB or indicator that mail has arri

Thanks Tristan!
    I'll do that.

Nick