The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use a Domain that is not Currently Associated with your Account???

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jols, Nov 26, 2010.

1. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Hello,

Apparently some cPanel's will allow domain parking for domains that are not directing traffic to the server, that is, if you can input the transfer authorization code obtained at the domain account. I guess there is an option like this in the Parked and Addon domain, cpanel page:

"Use a Domain that is not Currently Associated with your Account"

What I've seen here and there with some host providers is a facility that will allow a person to use EPP or transfer authorization code (generated by a domain registration account) to verify domain ownership in cPanel so the domain can be parked or added BEFORE the name servers are changed. Apparently this is a step-by-step process that is directly in cPanel, within the domain parking and addon domain utility pages.

Anyone know about this one?

#1 jols, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is no such function in cPanel. Some hosts may have added a custom plug-in, but there is nothing like this in cPanel by default.

The only option that controls whether or not a remote domain can be added is Allow Remote Domains in Main >> Server Configuration >> Tweak Settings, in the WebHost Manager. Allow unregistered domains, on the same page, can also be applicable.

3. jols

jols Well-Known Member

Thanks, yes, I was suspecting as much.

Does anyone know of any custom plug in that will provide this functionality?