Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Use AutoSSL certificate on another server?

Discussion in 'Security' started by leonep, Oct 29, 2018.

1. leonep

leonep Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    I have WHM/Cpanel production server and other backup server with CPanelDNS Only.
    I want access whm in CPanelDNSOnly server using certificate generated on WHM/cPanel main server. i setup an account with domain and working dns on main server. the certificate issued no error but whm on backup server continue to show warnings about certificate.
    I want to know if this can work or not
    thanks !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @leonep,

The free cPanel-signed SSL certificate for the server's hostname is not offered with cPanel DNS-Only at this time. We do have a feature request open for this at:

Automatic SSL for DNSOnly

It's currently marked as "Not Planned", however you should still be able to vote and subscribe to the request in order to receive a notification in the event we decide to implement it in the future (it's more likely we will consider such a feature with the impending addition of licenses for DNS-Only).

In the meantime, there's a user-submitted workaround noted as the "Best Answer" on that feature request page should you want to install a free signed hostname SSL certificate on DNSOnly.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...