The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use mail with a domain owned in other server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by amcm, Feb 21, 2015.

1. amcm

amcm Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello!

I have bought hosting a plan with cpanel and WHM panel, it´s fantastic to resell like Im doing.

I have several domains actually owned trough other company "GoDad.." but I have only changed the DNS nameservers to my new hosting company so I poined this domains and re-upload the files of all my websites, this working fine!! This becasue I need to keep that domains there, till the renewal time...

The next step is my actual problem, how about mail?? what I need to change to use my email accounts in the new hosting server?, I have seen if I create email acc in the cpanel with the domain name pointed they are working, but this is all? is correct in this way? or I need to change anything else in my old hosting company??

Tks for all your time and advices!!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You should change your name servers to name servers associated with the cPanel server and you will no longer have to manually update "A" or "MX" records for those domain names at the registrar.

Thank you.

3. amcm

amcm Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Tks for your confirmation dear Michael

There still one more question about, in the old hosting company I create for each domain several email acc, now I have pointed that DNS servername to the cPanel provided DNS nameservers and re upload the files for website, all this now is working perfect.

Then Also create email acc on the same cPanel for this domains, but what happend with the old email acc I was created in the other hosting company? they still working also there? if so, then I will have two different email with the same name? and I need to cancel the old one??

Pls help! tks for your time!

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    No, email will not work on the previous server after you have updated your name servers. You can login to view the old messages, but new email will not function.

Thank you.