The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Use of uninitialized value in numeric

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sehh, Nov 26, 2011.

1. sehh

sehh Well-Known Member

While debugging another problem, I found out that some log files have been growing to enormous sizes due to various errors that are repeated over and over again.

My cphulkd_errors.log is full of the following error:

Use of uninitialized value in numeric le (<=) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/OSCAR/Callbacks/1/rate_change.pm line 20.
    Use of uninitialized value in numeric le (<=) at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Net/OSCAR/Callbacks/1/rate_change.pm line 20.

It seems the perl module for the ICQ/OSCAR protocol is causing it (I'm using ICQ to send emergency messages to myself).

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you open up a ticket to http://go.cpanel.net/bugs for us to see if this is a possible repeatable issue on other machines and might need an internal case filed for it?

3. sneader

sneader Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Wonder if anything was found on this issue? I had this come up today. I went to suspend a site and got this:

redacted output from WHM after hitting 'suspend':
    --------------

Suspension of example.com

Changing Shell to /bin/false...Changing shell for exampcom.
    Warning: "/bin/false" is not listed in /etc/shells
    Shell changed.
    Done
    Locking Password...Locking password for user exampcom.
    passwd: Success
    Done
    1Suspending email account logins for example.com .... Done
    Suspending mysql users
    Notification => AIMuser via AIM [level => 2]
    Notification => us@myhost.dom via EMAIL [level => 2]
    Notification => 12345678 via UIN [level => 2]
    Suspended document root /home/exampcom/public_html
    Suspending FTP accounts...
    Updating ftp passwords for exampcom
    Ftp password files updated.
    Ftp vhost passwords synced
    exampcom's account has been suspended

4. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I can find no ticket opened with the error reported in the past year, so it doesn't appear a ticket was opened. If you could open up a ticket, Scott, for us to investigate and post the ticket number here, that would be very appreciated. This way we have an actual resolution this time for the issue for future reference. Thanks!