Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Use php.ini in a subdirectory?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by M.Azzalin, Oct 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. M.Azzalin

M.Azzalin Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I'm installing Magento 2 in a domain managed by cPanel, I changed the memory_limit requirements in the domain's php.ini but I can't figure out how to apply it in the subdirectories (the theme I installed have a builtin importer that uses composer to install some dependancies but it stops and throws an out of memory error and the max memory is the one set in the global php.ini).
    I read something about suPHP_ConfigPath but I can't make it work properly (error 500).

Thanks in advance for your help, have a great day :)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello @M.Azzalin,

It's a good practice to always use cPanel >> MultiPHP INI Editor when you want to modify a PHP limit for an individual domain, or WHM >> MultiPHP INI Editor when you want to modify a PHP limit globally. That said, I believe the behavior with Composer that you notice is because Composer is installed on the system and not in individual accounts:

/opt/cpanel/composer/bin/composer

You can address this issue with an increase to the PHP memory limit globally.

Thank you.