The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

usecpphp file question

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by webofunni, Dec 28, 2011.

1. webofunni

webofunni Active Member

Hi,

I went through the cpanel doc and came to know that, if I remove the /var/cpanel/usecpphp file then cpanel will start using the php binary compiled for apache. I tried that and put a phpinfo file in fantastico folder and phpmyadmin folder, when I access domain.com:2082/.../fantastico/phpinfo.php I can see that it is using the php binary for apache. But When I access domain.com:2082/.../phpmyadmin/phpinfo-file.php I can see that it is using the binary @ /var/cpanel/3rdparty/php/bin/php-cgi. I guess both fantastico and phpmyadmin are served by the cpanel daemon, but I cant understand why both showing/using diff php binary.

please help me on it.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Could you try the direction noted in this post:

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/backend-php-version-221472.html#post912672

Basically, you could have the PHP binary at /var/cpanel/3rdparty used by /scripts/makecpphp and customize makecpphp to use different settings by touching /var/cpanel/easy_skip_cpanelsync file temporarily during EasyApache setup.

3. webofunni

webofunni Active Member

Thanks,

But my question is why 2 different application ( fantstico and phpmyadmin ) coming from the same process is able to use 2 diff php binaries ?

4. webofunni

webofunni Active Member

Also, the makecpphp upgraded the php binary @ /var/cpanel/..../php to 5.3 while the php binary @/usr/cpanel is @5.2. Is that normal ?