The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Used Transfer Tool, old server jumped from 22G to 40G used

Discussion in 'Data Protection' started by GoWilkes, Jan 13, 2016.

1. GoWilkes

GoWilkes Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Eek! I did a dry run for the Transfer Tool, hoping to fix any problems before using Express Transfer and updating the DNS records on the old server.

The old server had 22G of storage used, with 40G allocated. Immediately following the transfer, I tried to log in to WHM on the old server and was hit with an ISE-500 error! It said that the server was full.

I SSHed in and deleted a few log files and rebooted, and now I can get in to WHM. But it still shows 40G being used, so now I'm kind of dead in the water. I can't use cPanel on any accounts, and I don't think new emails are being saved!

Is a copy placed somewhere on the old server that I can delete?

2. GoWilkes

GoWilkes Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Update: I found that the accounts that had errors during the transfer were backed up in the main account for the server, under:

/home/[ACCOUNT_NAME]/cpmove-[FAILED_ACCOUNT_NAME]

I wasn't sure if these were necessary, but I deleted one for an account that didn't really matter via SSH. That gave me enough room to get back in to everything.

So, for now, crisis averted! I hope this will help any future users with a problem, though.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Yes, it's acceptable to remove these directories.

Thank you.