The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Account Types

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by beno78, May 13, 2012.

1. beno78

beno78 Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi Guys,

I am running a dedicated hosting server, which has around 400 hosting accounts. We have just managed to get a successful bid to host another 600 or so sites, across at least one, possibly up to 3 dedicated servers(Just waiting to get stats back on how big, how much traffic etc). The company that we will be hosting for would like to provide their own first level support, and have us provide 2nd/3rd level.

However, I have run into a problem, in that we dont want to give them ROOT access, but want them to be able to oversee all the hosting accounts, and have cpanel access without having to maintain a password list. Easy you may say, just set them up as a reseller. I have done this, but the issue now is that they maintain smaller resellers of up to 40 accounts...which they cannot then see if they are also on a reseller level.

My question is, can I set up another account, with WHM access, thats not root, but that can have admin privileges over the sites on the server? It doesnt need to be super customizable, as they will be granted access to all sites on the server...but we just dont want to give them root access.

Ive look at ZAMFOO, but its terrible, in terms of privileges changing around and reverting...doesnt look at all stable. (ie, if I login with root, it shows one of my accounts is set at a certain access level in Zamfoo, but if I log in with what would be a "Upper Level Reseller" (ie one below root), that same account is set to be a totally different access level. So its very glitchy, and not something I would want to be maintaining 600 sites with)

Any suggestions?

2. ruzbehraja

ruzbehraja Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator