The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User can't access anymore on Horde and Squirrel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by adapter, Nov 15, 2004.

1. adapter

adapter Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Hi

today i have a lot of users that can't access anymore on Horde and Squirrelmail the system give: Unknown user or password incorrect. but there isnt any problem with Neomail, i have also try to change the password but it is the same, any help ?

2. Fillos

Fillos Active Member

3. 000000000

000000000 Member

I'm having a similar problem. All of the default email addresses are no longer working. I manually updated to the most recent Current version, but still don't work.

This problem started yesterday, and was brought to my attention by one of my resellers.

4. dynaweb

dynaweb Well-Known Member

Ever get this resolved? If so, how?

5. blairp36

blairp36 Active Member

Nothing worked here... Here is a snip of the horde log.

Feb 12 19:20:12 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for weairphi [127.0.0.1] to Horde [on line 98 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/login.php"]
    Feb 12 19:22:24 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for blair@ocala.com [26.95.256.175] to {localhost:143} [on line 93 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/imp/lib/Auth/imp.php"]
    Feb 12 21:08:38 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for wetomedw [127.0.0.1] to Horde [on line 98 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/login.php"]
    Feb 12 21:26:49 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for weairphi [127.0.0.1] to Horde [on line 98 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/login.php"]
    Feb 12 21:40:40 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 127.0.0.1 to localhost:143[imap/notls] as weairphi [on line 281 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]
    Feb 12 21:41:15 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for weairphi [127.0.0.1] to {localhost:143} [on line 92 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/imp/redirect.php"]
    Feb 12 21:41:29 HORDE [notice] [horde] User weairphi [127.0.0.1] logged out of Horde [on line 24 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/login.php"]
    Feb 12 21:41:56 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for blair@ocala.com [45.95.247.187] to {localhost:143} [on line 92 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/imp/redirect.php"]
    Feb 12 21:57:39 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for weairphi [127.0.0.1] to Horde [on line 98 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/login.php"]
    Feb 13 06:31:34 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for cala3421 [127.0.0.1] to Horde [on line 98 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/login.php"]
    Feb 13 07:11:12 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for weairphi [127.0.0.1] to Horde [on line 98 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/login.php"]
    Feb 13 07:19:24 HORDE [error] [horde] FAILED LOGIN for weairphi [127.0.0.1] to Horde [on line 98 of "/usr/local/cpanel/base/horde/login.php"]

Notice: (null)(): Retrying LOGIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

Notice: (null)(): Retrying LOGIN authentication after AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed (errflg=1) in Unknown on line 0

Notice: (null)(): Can not authenticate to IMAP server: AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0

I can log in through the /webmail address but no mail in the box.

6. dynaweb

dynaweb Well-Known Member

I upgraded from 9.9.9 to 10.0.0 and seemed to fix it for me :) Had to change from Stable to Release to do that.

7. boeki

boeki Active Member

we've one client with several domains that can't login to horde anymore. well, to be precise, he can login but horde logs him out immediately with the message "You have been logged out".

this is after the cpanel update to the latest release (10.0.0-R85). All other users are able to log in fine. We got the password from the client for one of his email accounts and we tried to log in and we did successfully.

the problem is only from his machine. actually two machines in his office that cannot log in.

horde.log and maillog both show successful logins but in reality the user is automatically logged out immediately.

we've no idea whatsoever on what's causing this. the client has cleared his cache, restarted his machines, browsed through ie and firefox, all to no avail.

please help.

8. mouath

mouath Registered

same issue

I am having the exact same issue. My customers are getting prompted multiple times and then logged out. Ever since I upgraded to cPanel 10.0.0-R85 I am having these issues with Horde. Does anyone know how to revert back to the old Horde system..Everyone is complaining.

any help??

9. blairp36

blairp36 Active Member

Forgot to give version in my post above... 10.0.0-85 also. Same problem as last two posts. Some accounts work fine, others don't. On one I delete the account and added it back and everything worked fine. I don't know what accounts are not working until a client tells me so. Neomail works fine and after I ran the fix from dgbaker here (data dir. problem),

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=35482&highlight=squirrelmail

I now have two working webmail programs.

Still a problem.... Going into main account through Cpanel causes both Horde & Squirrelmail to blow up.
    Neomail works fine.

Cpanel Webmail link -- Pick Horde -- This error --

Notice: (null)(): Can not authenticate to IMAP server: AUTHENTICATE LOGIN failed (errflg=2) in Unknown on line 0

Squirrelmail gives the same error -- errors with a bad user name and/or password.

Just made my appointment to have hair transplants.

10. Diatone

Diatone Well-Known Member

Same thing still happening with me. None of posted fixes worked for me either. Any news on this?

11. rootuser

rootuser Well-Known Member

Same Problems Here But None Of The Above Ways R Not Woking

12. rootuser

Plz This Is Very Serious None Of The Above Fixes Are Not Working

13. boeki

boeki Active Member

we found out the cause of our problem last week.

the problem was that some of our clients suddenly had no access to horde. they log in but are immediately logged out.

this, apparently, was caused by horde's inability to place session cookies in the users machine due to the cookies being blocked by the users' firewalls. we asked the clients to allow cookies from their domains and that solved the problem.

14. rootuser

But this problem is not only for horde, Squirrelmail also facing same problem but neomail is working fine.

15. 10101

10101 Well-Known Member

we are seeing this too, is there a fix for this?

16. rootuser

Plz Any Suggestions

17. cass

cass Well-Known Member

Same problem here....
    just neomail works on ONE account... all other accounts work fine.
    I cant see what's the error on this .... everything looks okey.

any fix?

18. blairp36

blairp36 Active Member

I updated to the latest current (10.0.0-C142 ) and everything works fine now. I did still have problems with one email account after updating. Just deleated the account and created it again. No problem after that.

19. Cozminsky

Cozminsky Member

I don't know if this is a factor but I had an account doing this and deleting the files in /tmp owned by that user fixed the problems. Corrupt session, hence deleting session cookies on the client side fixes it?