User Classes Issue w/ Tomcat, Please Help

aubcl

Feb 18, 2006
Hello everyone. I am by no means a Java expert but know enough to usually get by. I have installed mod_jk through EasyApache in the WHM interface. JSPs work fine but unfortunately calling any custom classes do not. I have a client using the Oreilly MultipartRequest upload functions. The structure for the WEB-INF inside the users public_html is as follows WEB-INF/classes/com/oreilly/servlet

The error is below. This worked previously in a standalone setup of Tomcat on another server. Thank you SO much for any help you can provide.

Code:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP: 
JSP FileName:/homemiddle/uploadimage.jsp
Java FileName:/usr/local/jakarta/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/work/Catalina/XXXXX.com/backoffice//org/apache/jsp/homemiddle/uploadimage_jsp.java

An error occurred at line: 14 in the jsp file: /homemiddle/uploadimage.jsp
MultipartRequest cannot be resolved to a type
11: import = "com.oreilly.servlet.*"
12: %>
13: 
14: <% MultipartRequest mp = new MultipartRequest(request, "/home/tour/public_html/images/tourism");
15: String imagelocation = mp.getFilesystemName("imagelocation");
16: String imagetext = mp.getParameter("imagetext");

crickethost

Registered
Mar 16, 2008
Actually I use CPanel for general site administration and for
JAVA support I use AppServer Manager from ngasi.com.

aubcl

Feb 18, 2006
I still need this issue resolved. Anyone that can resolve the issue today or tomorrow I will give $50. Please someone step up. Thanks.

aubcl

Feb 18, 2006
Dave, thanks for the response. I did submit a ticket (246881) and got this response...

Hello,

Tomcat/JSP is provided for experienced tomcat/JSP admins and is not recommended for users without experience configuring or administering a tomcat/JSP environment.

cPanel only supports the installation of Tomcat in Easyapache, it does not support post installation issues. So if you do not know how to configure/manage/troubleshoot/etc a tomcat/JSP server it is recommended that you do not install it.
--
Russell Rademacher
cPanel
Technical Analyst 2

Last edited:

aubcl

Feb 18, 2006
Thanks Dave, I am pretty sure the ID is 246881 which was in my previous post, might be wrong. I just reopened the ticket siting that you said it would be looked at. Thanks again.