Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Email Deleted

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by IAmJames, Sep 10, 2017.

1. IAmJames

IAmJames Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi all. I'm a novice and don't understand much of what is discussed here.
    Question:
    How can I tell who deleted my user account from my website? There's only one other admin on my site but I won't approach him with this without proof. I went to reset my password and received the password reset email to my account but when I went to log in a little later, the WordPress login says my email address is not valid. I logged into cPanel and found that my email address is not associated with the site. Since I did receive the password reset email, I must have been registered and then someone must have then deleted it. Right?

Is there a specific log a can check? Thanks!

2. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

First of all, you need to contact your hosting provider to check your account logs as you do not have root access of your hosting server to check logs. And I can see your email address is not assigned in your WordPress database to the admin user and due to that you are getting that invalid email ID message. if you are able to access your phpmyadmin through cPanel, then you can reset your WordPress admin password with the following sql command.

Code:
    UPDATE `wp_users` SET `user_pass` = MD5( 'new_password' ) WHERE `wp_users`.`user_login` = "admin";
    If you are not sure how to do it then please contact your hosting provider and ask them to reset your WordPress admin password.

Here are the some other way to reset WordPress admin panel password

Resetting Your Password « WordPress Codex

3. IAmJames

IAmJames Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thank you. Before I reset my wordpress password, don't I need to add my email account back as an admin?

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

This question is better directed towards your web hosting provider. I recommend contacting them to see how the cPanel contact email address was changed (they should be able to review the access logs).

Thank you.