The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Groups and the public_html folder.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by helptar, Jun 28, 2010.

1. helptar

helptar Registered

I am going to be working off this topic: http://forums.cpanel.net/f34/apache-php-user-security-question-152349.html
    ----------------------------------------------------

I tried the solution to my problem from what they said. The only problem is that if I change the public_html folder away from 99 (nobody) it is no longer able to be loaded by a browse.

Is there a way to change this so that I cant change JUST the directory I need the 'other sites' user to access and not the whole public_html folder.

If I change the public_html folder, it works, but the webpage is 'forbidden'.

Currently I have

/home/user/public_html/imgs/xs

set to group 'xs', that group has the user from that domain and the user of the domain that needs to use PHP to write to that directory.

Any help is great. :D

2. helptar

helptar Registered

Help! Linux, cPanel, suExec, and the user 'nobody'

Ah! help!

Basically I am trying to get a PHP script 'script.php' on bill.com (user bill) (/home/bill/public_html/script.php) to be able to write another domain (both on my server) bob.com (user bob) (/home/bob/public_html/imgs)

I added the user bill to the group bob, changed the group of that directory to the bob group, but then the web service doesn't work because it needs the 'nobody' user. so I added the nobody user the to group, still no dice... so I tried the add both users to the nobody group, which doesnt seem secure, and doesnt work..

all this was done with the directory set to 775

can any linux experts give me a tip or two.. ?