The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User had addon domains, after cpanel upgrade, they are now parked domains

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oriso, Jan 9, 2008.

1. Oriso

Oriso Member

Hello, we have a user who had about 6 domains as addon domains, and we updated cpanel a few weeks ago to version 11 (we were a bit behind, as the platform was stable, but finally made the switch after we fixed our mbox problems).

the upgrade went smoothly, and we managed to fix some problems that it generated. However I didn't spot this one till now. The client's addon domains that he had before the update now show as parked. I can't easily delete it and re-add it as an addon, as he has many emails configured. I figure I could do it that way and restore email configs, and emails from a backup I can take right before, but it seems a painful solution.

I hope you gurus out there have an easier solution for me! Basically, I need to take a parked domain, and transform it into an addon domain, without losing emails, passwords and websites previously configured to that addon domain (I have a full backup if things go wrong)

Thanks in advance!

-Alain