The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User home directory doesn't delete!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by m_dg_farari, Feb 3, 2014.

1. m_dg_farari

m_dg_farari Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everybody.
    I just got a ticket from one of my customers who has problem with deleting a directory.
    He asked me to terminate his account and recreate it.
    I terminated the account (from WHMCS of curse!) and i got a success message. Then I tried to recreate this account I i got this error while recreating:
    ====
    Sorry, the home directory for this user ( /home/user ) already exists. Please move or delete it and try again or use the force option if available.
    ====
    I logged in to server as root and tried to remove the directory by using "rm -rf" option but i got this output:
    rm: cannot remove `user/public_html/templates/sj_plus/html/com_contact/contact': Input/output error
    rm: cannot remove `user/public_html/templates/sj_plus/html/com_mailto': Input/output error

I renamed the directory and the problem solved for now but the renamed directory is still unerasable!
    Could you please help me what to do for deleting this directory?
    Thanks

2. Sys Admin

Sys Admin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you able to list that renamed dir? Any files there? It's either immune or the hard drive is failing.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

It seems like there might be filesystem corruption if those files are not deletable. This also would explain why the account did not terminate successfully. Have you experienced any recent hard drive problems? Is this happening on any other directories that you know of?

Thank you.