The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

user home directory

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Soheil, Jan 8, 2006.

1. Soheil

Soheil Active Member

Hello,
    A while back I moved my domains from a regular apache server with no control panle to a cpanel server.

In the old system, all teh subdomains for the site was made manually and standalone on it's own directory structure. i.e:
    /home/sites/www.domain.com/public_html
    /home/sites/subdomain.domain.com/public_html

However, since I didn't want to change all the subdomains and config files (more than 30 of them) to match the way cpanle work, I simply created a master account and changed a few things around and it all worked fine.

The only problem I had was the user could only access the home directory /home/sites/www.domain.com where the account was created.
    I fixed it so the user could login (ftp/ssh) to /home/sites/ and I was now able to browse through my entire domains and change anything I wanted to.

Now, recently it all changed by itself and the user directory is set back to /home/sites/www.domain.com/public_html and I can not remember how I changed it!

Can someone please tell what I need to do?

P.S. I know I could simply ask how to change a user directory, but I want to make it clear so I don't get other users asking me why yo uwant to do this or why it's not a good idea. I just need a solution please :)

Thanks so much.