The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

user ... it is normal

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by nost, Mar 10, 2003.

1. nost

nost Well-Known Member

Hi there,

First of all sorry for my english, it's not my first language.

I currently running :
    WHM 6.0.0
    Cpanel 6.0.0-S97
    RedHat 7.2

One of our client contact us regarding his control panel access. He told us his user name was : hisdomainname.com

I take a look to our WHM and i found that is real user name was : clientusername

He told me is able to login into his control panel with his domain name for user ...

I have try on few clients accounts with the domain name instead of the normal user name, and i was able to access the control panel without any problem ....

I'm the only one who thinking that is not save ? maybe im a little bit parano ...

Regards,

Dany Boucher

2. xsenses

xsenses Well-Known Member

Not sure if it is normal, but I can also access cpanel using the domain name as you described for username access.

3. nost

nost Well-Known Member

Hi there,

I'm only thinking that a malicious person will only have to guess the Password ...

When we ask to our client thei password, they give us , very simple passwors (easy to guess) ...

I only wonder if it possible to desactivate the domain name for user name ...

Regards,

Dany Boucher