The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User level filtering stopped working

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by MaraBlue, Sep 8, 2012.

  1. MaraBlue

    MaraBlue Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2005
    Messages:
    335
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Carmichael, CA
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There's a user-level filter I have had in place for years, and for years it's worked without a hitch. Suddenly (sometime in the past month, maybe?), it's stopped working. I realize the standard line for any time an email isn't working that it must be user error, but the fact remains that the filter has been previously working, and now it isn't, with no change to the filter itself in between.

    And before anyone suggests it, I've re-read the docs, I know that "equals" is generally to be avoided. I've also read these post:

    http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/some-email-filters-not-working-227842.html
    http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/testing-email-filters-not-working-154497.html

    I've verified that the filter.yaml and the /home/user/etc/domain.com/username match. I'm using x3 and not using any 3rd party themes, etc.

    I've tried testing both from sending external email that both fits and doesn't fit the filter. I've used the "test filter" option in cPanel. In testing to find out what's going on, it appears that the filter has it's "or" and "and" wrong. Again, this filter has worked without a problem for years.

    cPanel_MailFilters.jpg

    If I test (either by emailing or using the test filter feature) using EITHER of the criteria, alone, the filter fails (email that shouldn't be filtered by the filter get filtered and processed). If I use BOTH criteria (which shouldn't be needed, because I used OR), *then* the filter works properly and matches both.

    cPanel_MailFiltering_test.jpg

    Anyone else having this issue?
    Is this - perchance - a known issue with v11.32?

    EDIT: I removed the criteria for if the email has a Ticket ID: ("[Ticket ID:"), which left just the "if ticket does not contain: support@[domain]", and it works fine. So it's clear to me at least that there's something wrong with the "OR" portion of the filtering. It's seeing "OR" as "AND."

    I do get that it's better to do many short filters, but seriously, a simple OR statement should be able to be understood.
     
    #1 MaraBlue, Sep 8, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2012
  2. cPanelTristan

    cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2010
    Messages:
    7,623
    Likes Received:
    21
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Location:
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Please submit a bug report to http://go.cpanel.net/bugs for us to troubleshoot the issue. Once you have opened the ticket, please post the ticket number here. I haven't heard of this potential issue and didn't find anything on search in our internal cases.
     
  3. MaraBlue

    MaraBlue Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    May 3, 2005
    Messages:
    335
    Likes Received:
    2
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Carmichael, CA
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Ticket #3146163

    Thank you Tristan!
    I couldn't attach the screenshots, but included a link to this post.
     
Loading...

Share This Page