The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Login From Website

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Woolf, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Woolf

Woolf Registered

Hello all!

First, I'd like to say that I have searched the forum and found a couple topics relating to my issue, however, no answer was posted. I have also read the cPanel documentation as well as the FAQ, and all!

So, my issue. I have created a members login area (/membership/), I have "password protected" this directory using the "password protect a directory" method in cPanel. While linking to this page works just fine, the user name and password dialog box will come up. All is well. However, I was wondering if it is possible to make a statistic login script from a page.

For example, I want to have a page www.domain.com/members.html. On this page will be a box to enter a "username", a box to enter the "password", and a box to "Login". I thought this would be better, as members could login by typing everything there, rather than having the dialog box open up.

Is this possible?

(*Note: This is not web mail that I am referring to, I have already gotten that setup just fine)

Thanks for your time!

2. brgreene

brgreene Registered

Solution?

Did you ever get a solution. i an wanting to do the samething. You mentioned something about email. Were you able to setup a user email login from a web page. Can you post any results you have.

Thank you

3. RickG

RickG Well-Known Member

You may want to look at some of the scripts at http://www.josheli.com/vox/

The Cpanel Login script might accomplish what you need.