The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Management...

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by emarton, Jun 1, 2007.

1. emarton

emarton Member

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out if it's possible to have a user management system for WHM users.
    In detail I whould like to have something like this:
    Let's say that I will user the root user for accesing WHM (full access on every function) but I want my friend to have acces just to some parts of the WHM system. Is this possible ?
    Is there an addon for something like this ?

Thanks for any comments.

Best,
    Erno

2. Stefaans

Stefaans Well-Known Member

I think this is quite possible via the Reseller Center. If you set your friend up as a reseller, you can 1) set which functions are available to him (Edit Privileges/Nameservers) and 2) which accounts he can control by assigning ownership to him (Change Ownership of an account).

3. emarton

emarton Member

Replay

Creating a Reseller Account is not an option, because i can't change the ownership of the existing accounts so that he will not have access to modify anything related to this accounts.

I want something like the root access in wHM but restricted to only some functions.

4. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    That is not currently possible via WHM

The only other way, closely to this, is if you make use of the WHM master reseller script. Install it, create yourself a master reseller, which owns all the domains. Then, setup your friend as a reseller under your account, and give him limited access