User Manager -> "Invite Pending" limbo, no verification e-mails were delievered, I must resolve this ASAP

miek

Registered
Feb 20, 2020
Austin
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
User Manager -> "Invite Pending" limbo, no verification e-mails were delievered, I must resolve this ASAP

I log into cPanel via Godaddy Web Hosting Portal Per Usual:
1582242403281.png

I must have these users log into cPanel :
1582242494304.png

They NEED to get an email that looks like this:
1582242589633.png

No one is getting the activation emails and its stuck in Invitation pending LIMBO
"
Invite Pending: This user has not used the invitation to set a password.
"

1582242629322.png

How do I get EMAIL NOtifications to fire for new users?

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
These are automatically sent when the account is created, you can double check this in the exim logs, which should let you know why the user never received it. You can find these at /var/log/exim_mainlog

Whether or not the user uses the invite the "invite pending" label should go away as soon as they reset their password.

- Ensure you're setting the Contact Email Address to an email address other than the one created on the server
- Check exim logs for the user's Contact email address as listed in the user manager
- Have users check spam folders in case mail was delivered to spam.

miek

Registered
Feb 20, 2020
Austin
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
These are automatically sent when the account is created, you can double check this in the exim logs, which should let you know why the user never received it. You can find these at /var/log/exim_mainlog

Whether or not the user uses the invite the "invite pending" label should go away as soon as they reset their password.

- Ensure you're setting the Contact Email Address to an email address other than the one created on the server
- Check exim logs for the user's Contact email address as listed in the user manager
- Have users check spam folders in case mail was delivered to spam.

How do I check /var/ folder its not in my directory anywhere :(

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm assuming as you are a web site owner that you only have Cpanel and not WHM.
If so, then this is a valid question.

How would a cpanel only user get to see exim logs.
I'm guessing, as exim is a server side routine, you probably can't.

Maybe have a look in delivery reports in your cpanel, see if this reveals anything, failing that, this may have to go back to your hosting provider.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Ahh you wouldn't be able to see them if you've only got cPanel access. I may have erroneously assumed that you were a server administrator. Delivery reports should report this but @keat63 is correct, if you aren't able to find that there, you'd need to contact your hosting provider for further assistance.