The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User Not Able To Connect To SMTP Port 25?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by xMichio, May 4, 2004.

1. xMichio

xMichio Member

I use WHM, and im unsure why one of my resellers have an account, and his unable to connect to SMTP on port 25 anymore. It seems it only form this IP so could he be banned? We found that he cant even make a sucsesfull connection to the server on port 25 but has no problem on port 80. If he is banned from only port 25 how do i un ban him?

2. bamasbest

bamasbest Well-Known Member

THis is more than likely an issue with his ISP.

Many ISP's are disallowing their users to connect to SMTP servers via port 25 in an effort to reduce SPAM.

IN WHM, there is an option to enable ENSIM to run on port 26, so he could then connect via port 26 (so long as he changes his email client settings). As well, if you have a firewall installed, you would have to ensure that port 26 is open.

3. xMichio

xMichio Member

Ah sorry i should of also mentioned he can connect to his other servers on SMTP on port 25 just not mine.. So it cant be his ISP, it was working fine till today thats why im a bit confused.

4. bamasbest

Can yopu connect to his site via port 25?

5. xMichio

xMichio Member

Yes everyone can no problems except this guy he used to be able to fine until today about 4PM AEST

6. bamasbest

Hmm....

Perchance, does he run a firewall on his PC? I have one client that constantly "plays" with his office firewall and calls at least once a month claiming he can't connect to the server. I just have to remind him to check his firewall and he is then a happy camper:)

7. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

I have a stupid question. :) If you enable port 26 for smtp will port 25 still work or does Exim shut it down?

8. xMichio

xMichio Member

Exiam wont shut it down.. But about my questions theres no firewall there. I dont know does WHM somehow ban users someway? Or is there someway to check?