The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User registration & billing system

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vita, Sep 4, 2005.

1. vita

vita Registered

Hi there, im kinda new to whm/cpanel and im looking for a system that can handle the user registration and billing process.

This is how i see it.

User enters our website and chooses his domain or one of our awailable subdomains, then he chooses his type of package (from one of our predefined packages), then he enters his kredit card information and if that clears his account get's created....

Is there any premade system that handles this all ?

What are you guys using for your whm/cpanel ?

--
    Vita.

2. Gareth

Gareth Well-Known Member

3. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    and if u want that cheap, and like to code/modify a bit, www.phpcoin.com is for free.

4. zaryab

zaryab Member

linux-image is on a distinguished road

Send a message via AIM to linux-image Send a message via MSN to linux-image Send a message via Yahoo to linux-image
    and if u want that cheap, and like to code/modify a bit, www.phpcoin.com is for free. :mad:

5. carock

carock Well-Known Member

You should be wary of fully automated account system.

We use WHM Autopilot, and we were getting many fraudulent accounts while it was fully automated.

Those Phishing scams to steal PayPal information work, and those people were using thos hacked PAyPal acocunts to pay for service. The system set them up automatically, then they promply logged into our server uploaded three files, and sent an HTTP request that sent the same exact Phishing mail out of our server via that page they uploaded. Our server was on a bunch of SPAM ban lists real quick, and the bad guys had thousands of E-mail's going out before we had a clue. Since Apache was sending them, there was no logging on our end, just complaints.

We now hand process every signup. The system still allows web page display, purchase cart, and information collection. We just verify all the information submitted then use the WHM Autopilot to finish the account creation.

Last I checked, WHM Autopilot was not very expensive either. They have some Fraud Protection built-in, but we haven't spent the time trying to use it yet. The manual verification is working 100% so far.

Chuck

6. fred123123

fred123123 Well-Known Member

Another alternative is clientexec... Not complex as modernbill... but better than phpcoin...
    For a small company, i think clientexec could be great...

7. Gareth

Gareth Well-Known Member

Keep taking the tablets, or get stronger ones

8. t9clkclnr

t9clkclnr Well-Known Member

Modern Bill is complex

Modern bill maybe overkill for some. For servers with less then 100 accounts I wouldn't reccomend it. Unless you have plans to grow. The costs are reasonable, however if you have a hard time following instructions/manuals I would again not recommend it.

I have ModernBill and I love it. I manage 3 dedicated servers with decent numbers of accounts.
    It's a great tool for those with time to setup and manage.

AutoPilot was not good enough for me.

9. vita

vita Registered

Export to accounting systems also ?

Hi all and thanks for all the informative answers, im looking into all the systems now and putting up trial systems to test....

One thing bothers me though.....i cant see an option in those systems to export accounting info to .xml or something similar to import into my acocunting system ?

Do those systems like whm-autopilot or AWBS handle the accounting all the way from creating an account to sending out the invoice ?

Because where i live all invoces have to be logged into a legally approved accounting system, and im wondering how to export the info from those systems into my accounting system.