The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User unable to log into created email accounts

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by timdorr, Apr 2, 2005.

1. timdorr

timdorr Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I've got a user that's created two email accounts, but cannot log into them via POP3, IMAP, or webmail. We're obviously using the account@domain.com username format, but it's definitely not letting them in. I've tried creating test accounts and it's not working for those either.

Where is the information for created accounts stored? I figure I can take a look at the config file and check it out.

2. DigitalN

DigitalN Well-Known Member

Does the user have enough pop accounts available and has enough disk space?

The mail password files etc are all in /home/$user/etc have a look in there for any 0 byte files that could have been created when adding a new pop account to an account that was over its disk space allocation.

Also test pop accounts by logging in to a pop account using telnet, if you get a fail, try looking at /var/log/maillog for clues.

#2 DigitalN, Apr 3, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2005
  3. timdorr

timdorr Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Yep, figured that out. The permissions on the shadow file under the domain's directory was messed up. Just chmod'ed it 777 and reset the password to fix it.