The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UserDir for Reseller Domain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by EpicVoyage, Nov 1, 2012.

1. EpicVoyage

EpicVoyage Registered

Nov 1, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

I have root on a WHM server and have created a reseller account. I want to access the public_html folder for that reseller's customers by visiting

The "Apache mod_userdir Tweak" is off, so the only UserDir command in /usr/local/apache/conf/httpd.conf is at the top of the file:

UserDir public_html
    I have followed the directions in the docs (here) to add a directive to the <VirtualHost> block for the reseller domain, on both ports 80 and 443. EasyApache uncomments the appropriate include lines when I run "/scripts/ensure_vhost_includes --all-users", so the file locations should be good.

Inside /usr/local/apache/conf/userdata/std/2/reseller/, I have one line:

UserDir public_html
    That seems like it should do the trick, but when I visit, the browser displays the website for

The access log for shows a 200 message ("OK") for the request, and the /~username/ is finding /index.php without any .htaccess magic.

There is a similar thread here. What am I missing?

Sidenote: I realize that the steps above may allow access to any account on the server (if they worked). That is not a huge deal at this point.
    #1 EpicVoyage, Nov 1, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2012