The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Username and email mass hacking

Discussion in 'Security' started by hifee, Jan 24, 2014.

1. hifee

hifee Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Please i need urgent help and suggestions.
    I'm a student in Nigeria, i learnt programming and programmed an sms component which is compatible with joomla, which i then sold to numerous people which are hosted by me on my whm.
    Through out this january, i have been having mass hacking where all the usernames and password of all the joomla websites (about 700) on my server are been hacked EVERYDAY.
    I then bought a new server and started migrating the sites gradually, checking through all the files if anything looks suspicious. I've moved about 500 site before this hacking started again.
    Please i need urgent help on how i can stop this.
    I told my clients to uprgrade to joomla 2.5 hoping it would be more secure, but it's been hacked as well.
    I'll appreciate any help i can get.
    Thanks.

2. InterServed

InterServed Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    You may start by keeping your applications (joomla) and it's plugins up to date as it's essential. You may also look into mod_security and some good rules that should provide an extra layer of security.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

The Security Advisor option in WHM (Home >> Security Center >> Security Advisor) is a good place to start when attempting to secure your server. This feature runs a security scan on your cPanel & WHM server and advises you how to resolve any security issues found.

Thank you.