The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Username and Password

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bepo, Dec 29, 2012.

1. bepo

bepo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Before I joined the forum I did a search for the (seemingly) common problem of not being prompted by the browser to remember username and password in webmail. It also does not work when logging into CPanel. It seems that it is not browser-specific as the problem occurs in Firefox, IE and on Safari on my iPad. Despite the search, I have not been able to find a solution that I can actually understand. I need basic instructions as I am not very knowledgeable in technical matters. My main laptop has them stored from a much earlier time but my spare laptop, which has just been reformatted does not. I usually use Firefox. I read that the problem is due to a bug - has it been fixed yet and if not, is there any way round it that would not involve too much delving into the panel itself? I don't want to risk making a mess of things as my site is a forum and would cause a lot of disruption if I did.
    Thank you

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    No delving required at all. But, if you don't have access to WHM, this might not be helpful to you.

Home » Server Configuration » Tweak Settings, Security tab:

3. bepo

bepo Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Yes, I saw instructions when I searched but I don't know where to look for Tweak Settings. I can access my CPanel and I have looked but just cannot find it. Thank you for trying to help. I will just have to keep on signing in.

4. JordanSmith

JordanSmith Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You will need to be the root administrator for the server you are on, you will need WHM access to be able to change them.

5. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The access level indicated in your profile is "Website Owner", so your host should be able to help you. Tweak Settings is not available to a cPanel end user, only to the server administrator, which is your host.