The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users can not install cgiemail -Invalid location

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dkz, Apr 16, 2005.

1. dkz

dkz Well-Known Member

Hello,

A client today tried to install cgiemail from their control panel's cgi center but the location of the file is incorrect. Instead of going to /frontend/x/cgi/cgiemail.html (or what ever it should be) it will take you to the user's cgi-bin folder (www.webaddress.com/cgi-bin/cgiemail). I'm running cPanel 10.0.0-R161. So my question is where is cgiemail located and where is the file so I can edit the location of cgiemail (/frontend/x/cgi/index.html)? I looked in /usr/local/cpanel and a few folders in there without success.

Thanks for the help!

2. KMK Enterprises

KMK Enterprises Well-Known Member

cgiemail is a system script - the first time you call it into action from a domain you'll get an error - the second time it should work just fine as the system will have created a sym link to it in the users cgi-bin. There is no user install required.

3. dkz

dkz Well-Known Member

That's interesting but it's not working that way. I just tried it again calling it from cPanel and each time I get a 500 ad 404 error. Something's not working right.