The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Users missing from mysql.user after restore

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crwilliams, Dec 12, 2007.

1. crwilliams

crwilliams Well-Known Member

I did a full restore of about 150 accounts after an OS reload. Of those users, only 3 of them had their database users restored to the mysql.user table.

I can see the various database users when I look at the user privileges in phpMyAdmin from the WHM, but they aren't in the mysql.user table when I look there from shell. Is there a particular table I can copy over to /var/lib/mysql, or is there something else I can try in order to get the users back?

I have all the tables saved manually-- I saved the whole of /var/lib/mysql separately, just in case-- in addition to the tables as bundled through the backup process.

I've flushed the privileges and I've confirmed the data is intact and that mysql itself is working fine (I checked the sites for the 3 accounts that had their users added correctly to mysql.user). Account users can't add new database users to the databases through their cpanels, either, I suppose because the proper privileges don't exist. Users who aren't in the mysql.user can't access phpMyAdmin, either, for the same reason, I'd guess.

Any ideas? I can see the lynching parties forming...

Thank you!

2. crwilliams

crwilliams Well-Known Member

Doesn't it figure, right after I finally ask for help, I get it figured out?

I recopied the user.* files from my separate backup of mysql, flushed the privileges, and voila.

3. pjssms

pjssms Member

where is the user.* file ?

I have moved the files and the /var/lib/mysql by hand and i lost the users of the databases and their priveleges over the database.

How do i reconstruct them ?