The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

User's sent items appear in Horde but not IMAP client

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by backup.com.au, Oct 19, 2015.

1. backup.com.au

backup.com.au Registered

I am trying to migrate a client's email from cPanel (user has relied on Horde for years) to Gmail.

Gmail cannot import the sent items via IMAP (only imports inbox via POP3), so I am trying to download them to an OSX Mail client via IMAP.

Problem is, the sent items aren't arriving. Inbox, junk, drafts, spam all sync down to Mail.app but Sent is empty.

I have tried to export the folder from within Horde, but the mailbox has perhaps 2GB of emails in in it and the export job times-out before it finishes creating the .mbox file to download.

I'll happily skin this cat any way possible. The goal is to get sent items into Gmail. If there is a way to download the raw email files via FTP and convert them in .eml files, or some other trick then let's try that.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Not sure if this is helpful, especially with 2GB of email, (why not clean it up first to make it more manageable?) but, if both email accounts are created in your email client (Mail app) and you can view all existing email as expected there, in both email accounts, couldn't you just drag / drop the email from one to the other?

I don't have gmail setup on my Mac to test this for you, but I did move email from one account to another a long time ago this way. Highlight all inbox mail from one account, drag to inbox of other account, highlight all sent and drag to other accounts Sent box.

Both were IMAP accounts and working properly in advance.

3. backup.com.au

backup.com.au Registered

That is exactly what I was attempting to do, except the Sent items are not downloading from the cPanel server via IMAP. The Sent folder is empty, no matter which mail client I use. I can see in the File Manager or FTP that there are a ton of email messages in the .Sent folder but nothing is download. :/

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Can you send email from that cPanel email account setup on your Mac? Forget about looking at all the email via FTP, and gmail for a moment, if you can't connect and send normally with your mail client, connected to a normally setup cPanel email account there's some other issue with that account.

Was email working properly including sent box being populated prior to wanting to move this account to gmail?