The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using another EMAIL SERVER-MX records -NOT receiving mail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by dgc1957, Mar 9, 2010.

1. dgc1957

dgc1957 Registered

Hi. Have been using another email service for a clients website. I originally changed the MX records 6 months ago and everything has been working great. In the past 5 days the emails have been coming to the website email BUT NOT forwarding to the service. We are able to send emails from the server...but they are not transfering the incoming emails.

My MX records are set as such:

Saved MX for zone
    smtp.securesever.net0: No Changes in Record

relay-hosting.secureserver.net2: No Changes in Record

pop.secureserver.net2: No Changes in Record

mailstore1.secureserver.net3: No Changes in Record

I was on the phone with the email svc tech who told me to "refresh zone files"...ok...I'm NOT a pro:(....so can anyone help me here? THANKS!

Deb:)

************Here is my "mail failmessage" that I have been getting on my aol account when trying to send via changed MX:

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors ----- <jessica.libra@3ddental.biz>

----- Transcript of session follows ----- <jessica.libra@3ddental.biz>... Deferred: Name server: 3ddental.biz.: host name lookup failure Message could not be delivered for 3 hours Message will be deleted from queue

#1 dgc1957, Mar 9, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  2. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Is there any error message are you receiving? You can also check the emails logs through SSH at /var/log/exim_mainlog.