The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using cPanel Flash Videos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flipflopmedia, May 31, 2010.

1. flipflopmedia

flipflopmedia Registered

I'm just curious, because I see that many have purchased support videos for their support portal; why can't we just use the cPanel Flash Videos?

For ex., they are available to my clients through cPanel already, so what difference does it make if I make them available to my clients on another page in my site?

Right now I am testing a setup on this page:
    http://clients.flipflopmedia.com/tutorials.php

They are viewable by anyone, probably not OK to do. But if I change the code so that they are only viewable if a client is logged in; then what's the difference if they're logged into to cPanel viewing them, or logged in to their client area on my support portal viewing them?

The video content is being pulled from:
    cPanel Video Tutorials

Is either way I set this up illegal? Please advice. cPanel Staff? If they frequent this board, I would appreciate their input also.

Thanks,
    Tracy

2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    This is not allowed

The Flash videos are meant to be included in internal help files only, and using them on a Web site or other publicly-accessible place is not allowed. They are original works and are meant to be used only within our product. Also, their location may change from time to time, eventually making any links to them break.

This also applies to our documentation at docs.cpanel.net.

3. flipflopmedia

flipflopmedia Registered

Thanks!

Thank you. I was looking to find out if I could legally use them or not, and I got my answer. :) I will remove them from my testing page and not use them anywhere in my own pages on my site.

During my research, I found a site using them, you're video's page completely duplicated (I was planning to use them individually with a credit link), but what this person has done is totally wrong!
    /https://www.gigapros.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=116&nav=0,4
    Clicking on 'info' on the movie; the author is the same.

Thanks again, removing them right now!
    Tracy

#3 flipflopmedia, Jun 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2010