The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using DomainKeys with a separate DNS server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by yakatz9, Jan 6, 2011.

1. yakatz9

yakatz9 Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I am trying to set up DomainKeys on several domains, but non of them use cPanel for DNS.

When I go to the page, it says "Status: Enabled, WARNING: DomainKeys cannot be used because this server is not a DNS server for __MYDOMAIN__"

Does this mean that it will not even generate or use the keys?
    Is there some place I can go to copy the keys manually to my DNS server?
    A quick NSLOOKUP directed to the cPanel-linked DNS server returned no results.

2. jimmybsilva

jimmybsilva Registered

I am having the same issue can i do this manually ? I am using peer1.net dns. Please help!

3. usman43

usman43 Member

DomainKeys entry should be in your DNS zone so where ever the DNS is being handled should have DomainKeys entries for your domain. Enabling DomainKeys from cPanel > Mail > Email Authentication will/should create DomainKeys on that server but it will not help since it is not used for DNS purpose unless it is clustered with nameservers and any DNS changes are automatically updated to nameservers. If you have root access, you can check the /var/named/DOMAIN.COM.db file and read the DomainKeys entries in DNS zone. You would have to create the same TXT record at external DNS nameservers.