Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Using ImageMagick - From Browser

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by justhost, Sep 24, 2003.

1. justhost

justhost Well-Known Member

Hello

I have a client who wants to use ImageMagick from his PhP files? I understand from reading around that ImageMagick will not function in PhP safe mode? Is this correct? If so is there a way around this?

Could someone please give me a simple example of how ImageMagick would be used to say simply resize a file?

Use the exec command I assume.

Anyhow, I look forward to hearing from somene.

Thank you.

As a followup....How do I give a particular client access to use the ImageMagick binaries.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #1 justhost, Sep 24, 2003
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2003
  2. Jemshi

Jemshi Well-Known Member

programs like gallery use ImageMagick for image manipulation - anyway, google should give you some example scripts to test imagemagick.

Good luck ! :)

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. christi1

christi1 Well-Known Member

I use it a lot in PHP to auto-generate thumbnails, resize and convert large *.bmp files to smaller *.gif files for my customers that don't understand the difference between 'web size' and 'print size'.

It's a great module to use with PHP and I highly recommend installing it.

As much as I do use it, if I were hosted on a server that didn't offer it, I would move elsewhere just for that.