The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using killacct - unix user does not exist

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMS, Oct 4, 2005.

1. IMS

IMS Member

I'm having problems getting all of the functions from Accounting.php.inc to work correctly.

Right now, I can create, suspend, and unsuspend the account. but when I try to Cancel (kill) the account I get the error "Warning.. unix user does not exist!"

All of the accounts were created with the accounting functions (createacct()), so why won't killacct() work as well?

Thanks

2. IMS

IMS Member

Anyone? I searched the forums and found an almost identical post from a while back, but no one replied to it, either.

Ask any questions you need, I'll give any information I can to see about getting this resolved.

3. IMS

IMS Member

Guess no one has any ideas on this, huh? Same as last time, just goes unanswered.

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

A lack of replies often does mean that no-one has any direct solution to the problem.

I always find that it is good to treat these forums as mainly a source for information not a source for support. With such an attitude, you don't build up any expectations.

Assuming no-one has any direct solution, I'd suggest contacting your cPanel licence provider for support. If you purchase your licence directly from cPanel, that would mean submitting a support ticket directly, otherwise you should most likely contact your datacenter who, if unable to provide a solution or suitable response, should contact cPanel on your behalf so as to seek a solution.

5. dropby23

dropby23 Well-Known Member

6. IMS

IMS Member

But that one's actually being done with WHM whereas I'm using the Accounting PHP Module.

I'll still vote on it, just to see if something can be done, because I think in the end, it all uses the same scripts.

7. IMS

IMS Member

I believe I found out what my issue was.

Today, I cancelled an active account from my script and it worked just fine. I think it has something to do with trying to cancel suspended accounts.

This has solved the problem I was getting, I hope it actually helps some of you others.