The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Lighttpd or Nginx instead of Apache on WHM

Discussion in 'EasyApache' started by students, Jul 17, 2009.

1. students

students Registered

I am complete newbie to servers. I have been using WHM with apache 2.2 installed. I have a IPB forum which is loading very slowly on apache.

I want to move to Lighttpd or Nginx, not sure which is better for IPB forum .
    I will be pleased if you can let me know which one is better for a dynamic forum.

Can you please let me know the step by step instructions on how to install it on WHM, I have only one domain on my server.

2. DReade83

DReade83 Well-Known Member

What do you mean by running slow?

Do you know for sure it's Apache causing the problem?

IPB has a lot of interaction with MySQL - have you checked the MySQL server?

Have you contacted IPB for support? They're usually very good at support (as I have a lifetime license myself).

Are you running a stock or modified version of IPB, and which version?

3. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you were to install it you would just install it like normal. Just stop apache and start your other webserver instead. You then would want to disable apache within the service manager so it does not try to restart it.

That being said depending on the situation you can often do a lot with optimizing without switching webservers - but depending on the exact setup it can help.