Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Using local email on remote server

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by inteldigital, May 22, 2018.

1. inteldigital

inteldigital Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi,

I'm using Cachet, an incident monitoring service on a remote AWS server. The software allows people to subscribe to updates. I'm using a mail address created on my cPanel server to send out the mails, however, it's not allowing this to happen. Are there any special requirements I need to make, to ensure the IP address of the remote AWS server is able to use the email address and mail server on my cPanel server?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

Can you provide more information about how the service sends the email? For instance, is it using SMTP authentication? If so, is there a specific error message when it attempts to send the message?

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. inteldigital

inteldigital Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi @cPanelMichael

Thanks for coming back to me. No, there is no error I am afraid. It's attempting to send via SMTP with TLS.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello Ben,

You can try monitoring /var/log/exim_mainlog when making the SMTP connection attempt from the remote server:

Code:
    tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog
    It should output a specific error message as long as SMTP traffic isn't blocked or filtered by the remote server or the remote server's network/data center.

Thank you.

inteldigital likes this.