Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Using nameserver IPs on accounts?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by toothlessparrot, Oct 15, 2017.

1. toothlessparrot

toothlessparrot Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry for the exceedingly basic n00b question...

I have a managed dedicated server running WHM. I am arranging an SSL certificate for one of my customers and therefore need to move their account on to a fixed IP.

Having approached my hosts fully expecting them to sell me a new fixed IP as they've done with previous SSL setups, they've instead assigned this customer's account to the same IP address as my primary nameserver (...which nearly 100 domains point to.)

Are there are any pitfalls to them doing this? They assure me its okay, the WHM 'Change Site IP Address' page clearly allows it, and I can't find anything in my online searching to suggest its a bad idea. But still, I am not so convinced, hence asking here...

Thanks for your guidance.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    There are no pitfalls in doing this its perfectly fine

3. cPWilliamL

cPWilliamL cP Technical Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Just to confirm with dalem, there is no issue in using a nameserver IP for an account on cPanel.