The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users.
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using one server to handle all mail from another ??

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by oldlock, Jun 11, 2012.

1. oldlock

oldlock Well-Known Member

I have two VPS. One is hosted with godaddy, The godaddy mail relayers have been blacklisted for over a week with no end in sight and no alternative being offered by them. I have moved one server that was about to expire to another host.

So - is there any way I can setup the server with the other host to handle all the outgoing email from the godaddy server ?

If anyone could advise a fix and how to implement it I would appreciate it.

Thanks

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

If GoDaddy is blocking outgoing mail on your server to force it through their mail filtering appliance (which they do to my knowledge), then you would have no recourse but to use their server for sending mail. The only real option you would have is to move the MX records for those domains to the new server and then have users use that server for sending all emails and receiving all emails.

Thanks!

3. oldlock

Damn. I was hoping that there would be a workaround. They currently use a smarthost forwarding system that has the fqdn of the mailrelayer in it. I was hoping to do something similar on my server ;(

4. oldlock

I found a solution. I moved from godaddy. They are totally unable to rectify the issue, or offer any alternatives. I would urge anyone considering using their hosting to think again.

5. MilesWeb

MilesWeb Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Sorry to hear the problems you faced with the provider. Best wishes with your new ones.