Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Using outlook to check my mail.. i can't seem to do this.

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by neotex, Jun 16, 2004.

1. neotex

neotex Registered

errr i went to my outlook express and added the account example marcus.
    its a pop3 mail and i input the Pop3 and Outgoing mail part with mail.bluefusion.org and i can recieve mails. BUT i cannot send mails.. i keep getting this error [ refer to the attached picture. ] and when i go to the cpanel webmail there and click on auto config i still get the same problem help me.

Attached Files:

2. eazistore

eazistore Well-Known Member

Is it due to you need to put a TICK at the "REQUIRE AUTHENTICATION" in your OUTLOOK Express?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Marty

Marty Well-Known Member

I bet your ISP is blocking port 25 to prevent you from using a foriegn mail server. You can log into WHM (if you have root access) and click the Service Manager. Under the Service Manager, you can setup a new instance of exim to run on a different port. I typically use 2525 and it seems to work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. neotex

neotex Registered

i will try and get back to ya.