The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using .rpm files for streaming Real Audio in a web page

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dynasyn, Aug 17, 2004.

1. dynasyn

dynasyn Member

Oct 4, 2003
    I have spent the last 4 hours trying to find the solution and apparently nobody has had this problem. Here is what I am trying to do:

I have several .rm files and want to stream several of the files together at once. I can build a .ram file and put the URLs to the files one on each line. I can then load the .ram file in RealPlayer and the clips play, one at a time.

However, I want the player to be embedded in a web page. I know that I have to use a .rpm file with the same format for this to work. Problem is, if I put the file on a cPanel server I get an error from the player. Loading the same file from an Ensim server works fine, but not from any of my cPanel servers.

I have the rpm added to the mime types on the server so I do not know what is going on. It gives the same error as when the .rpm (or .ram) file is not found.

Has anybody had luck streaming multiple files into a player embedded in the page using a .rpm file on a cPanel server? I have two cPanel servers and it does not work on any of them, but it works fine on the Ensim servers I have.

PLEASE HELP! This project is for a customer who wants to launch their site this month!