The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using the forwarder...

Discussion in 'Database Discussions' started by MADMARY1, Oct 18, 2004.

1. MADMARY1

MADMARY1 Registered

We have a forum and we use to get a copy of all of the private messages our users send...but since two months ago when the servers were down for a day or two, :( now we cannot.

I was told that this could be set up using the forwarder. :rolleyes: But I cannot figure out how to word it so it will do this. :confused: I have tried different ways but not come up with it...can someone help me?

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

This is something that you should discuss in your forum softwares support forum (if such a forum exists).

It would also help if you mentioned what forum and version you are using. ;)

3. MADMARY1

MADMARY1 Registered

Oh I am sorry...I am using phpBB 2.0.8a. And I thought because this is done on the c-panel that this would be where I would ask. I also searched on the phpBB forum for this but had not found anything. Why is this a dumb question and every one knows the answer but me? :eek:

4. SarcNBit

I am just not sure it is appropriate for this forum :)

When you say PM, are you referring to the private messages you see when you logon to the forum (messages that are stored in the forum database) or are you talking about messages that are/were delivered to forum members via email? How were the copies sent to you, via email or through the forums?

There is a phpBB mod that allows admins to view PMs via the admin control panel. Is this what you are thinking of? You may have had that mod installed and lost it during a phpbb update or restore.

5. MADMARY1

MADMARY1 Registered

That maybe what has happened. :eek: And tells me that is why I have not found any answers when I search. I will look thru the mods and try to find one. Thanks for clarifying it for me as I am a newbie... :D

mary

6. SarcNBit

You can find one here.

Cheers