The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

using the guestbook

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tinbum, Jun 15, 2006.

1. tinbum

tinbum Registered

can anyone tell me how I can get a guestbook up and running?
    I'm using frontpage. and when I try to copy the html script nothing shows in the WSIWYG part of frontpage and I get the impression when installing through cpanel that the script is being created and installed on a new page (http://my web site/guestbook). this page already exists on my web and so I get an error message when I try to view. I get a successful install message but when i look on IE I get the same old page from my web site with no links to a guestbook. I'm pretty much a novice but previously have created a substantial website using frontpage and pasting scripts with no dramas.

2. chzelle

chzelle Active Member

You can just try to create a hyperlink on your html or main page whic would redirect to the guestbook page.

3. tinbum

tinbum Registered

Hmm... Thanks yes I can see how that would work however, even after deleting my original page called guestbook and installing the guestbook from cpanel sucessfully, when I am directed to go look at my new addon i just get an error page.... I have used guestbooks hosted by 3rd parties before and it was simply a matter of pasting the code and it was up and running. This should be a simple process shouldnt it?